Reporting to the General Manager of WICE Logistics Singapore, this position is to drive growth, enhance retention, and advocate for a portfolio of strategic accounts of WICE Logistics by proactively creating demand, identifying new opportunities, and delivering tailored solutions aligned with customer needs, while fostering collaboration and continuous improvement across cross-functional teams and geographic locations to meet customer commitments.
- Manage the most strategic and complex customers of WICE Singapore and if necessary, of WICE in the region.
- Demonstrate the vertical expertise (electronics, automotive, pharma, etc.).
- Accountable to elevate and expand credible relationships across functional departments within the customer supply chain.
- Leverage global network (owned offices and agents) to collaborate on the solution and pipeline development of product opportunities.
- Expand market share by driving an active opportunity pipeline and qualification.
- Develop and execute account plans outlining customer goals, objectives, strategies, and timelines.
- Conduct regular business reviews, leveraging internal data and market intelligence to gain customer insights, to uncover new opportunities for growth, retain and grow business by presenting strategic solutions to customers.
- Own account strategy including RFP, proposals and award management.
- Manage conflict and navigate difficult conversations with the customer using diplomatic tactic.
- Manage customer expectations and ensure timely resolution of issues and concerns.
- Provide regular reporting on account performance, market trends and competitive activities.
- Achieve revenue, volume and profitability targets for assigned accounts.
- At least 5 years of experience in freight forwarding and logistics industry, with at least the last 2 years of experience in key account management role.
- At least 3 years of experience in at least middle management level.
- Experience managing large and complex customer accounts in challenging environments.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding revenue, volume and profitability targets.
- Proven track record of delivering measurable financial results through sales or account management solutions.
- Demonstrates and drives a data driven approach with strong analytical skills for complex logistics solutions.
- Vertical experience in Electronics is a great plus.
- Effective verbal, written communication in English and effective presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with CRM practices.